Friday, March 31, 2017

Meet My New Companion

My new companion Elder Merrill from
American Fork, Utah

Transfer day came and I got to see some of my favorite people!
 I got to see more than half of my past companions there! 
I love all the friends I've made on my mission and all of the things that they have
done for me. They definitely make me feel welcome and loved:) 
You're the bomb Elders!:) 
So Elder Anderson got transferred and my new companion is Elder Merrill!! 
He is from American Fork Utah. He served in the same district as me in Olathe about 5-6 months ago! He is an awesome elder and we are gonna have a great time here in NKC! 
He has been out for about 9 months now and he could be my last companion if things work out how I think they will! He's definitely an awesome
person to finish my mission with:). But we will see if I get to stay with him for that long!


Saying goodbye to Elder Anderson
We had a great time together...You will be missed


On Tuesday we had a sweet lesson with a guy named Donnie. He is in his 20s and lives in a house with a bunch of his friends. His house is like a guys dream! 
He is very religious and was raised a Christian and is really searching for truth. 
He has so many awesome questions and we are excited to continue teaching him! 
Hopefully we can take him to visit the Liberty Jail soon.

We had a sweet time with Angela as we helped her plant a bunch of plants
for her garden. Angela is such an awesome person and we had fun there!
And her little daughter, Lilli, tried to draw pictures of us with chalk while we planted. 
She is like the cutest little girl ever haha.
At one point she grabbed a dandelion and was dancing around saying,
"I've got a flower for the missionaries!" 
She's such a funny little girl. 
After planting we went and visited a few members since Elder Anderson will be transferred the next day. We also went and raided the Shoal Creek Elders apartment because their area was being closed, so all their food needed to be taken out of their apartment. So now we
have so much food in our apartment haha, but that's a blessing:).
Missionaries are always hungry and can use more food:). 
But the day was sweet and it was a good last day with Elder Anderson! This
transfer went by so fast it's crazy, but time keeps on moving and I'll
keep enjoying what comes my way!

We went to Taco Bell to get some dinner and there we met this cool 19 year old guy. 
He was so nice and he even paid for our dinner. It was super nice of him!
And after we ate we met this guy named A.a.ron. 
We talked to him for a solid 30+ minutes and he is very
curious and desires to learn more. Hopefully we will be able to
continue meeting with him and help him maybe go to a YSA (singles) ward up here.
There are so many cool and nice people we meet out here! .....with pretty
interesting names haha.

Sunday was sweet! There was a really cool lesson this Sunday on "The Love of the Savior" 
and I feel like it was something I really needed to hear again. 
Church is always such a great place to feel the spirit and learn something new. 

Next week is General Conference and I'm super excited for that! 
Be sure to bring questions that you have to General Conference!  :-)

This next week is going to be great! Elder Merrill is a killer
missionary and he is super fun to be around. 
It's gonna be an awesome transfer!
Talk to you all later!

with Love - Elder Odland




No comments:

Post a Comment