Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Always remember what Christ did for You and allow Him to Lift you Up

Happy Easter from
Elder Odland  and  Elder Merrill
Thank you McCall Family for the wonderful Easter dinner.

Hello Everyone!

This week was sweet! 
Early in the week we had a great lesson with Angela. 
Our ward mission leader, Bro Maxwell, came with us and he is such a great teacher. 
We were able to address some of her concerns and I think we were able to clear her path of progressing a little bit! Her daughter was pretty sick this week so it has made it hard for her to do things, but we are praying she gets well soon.

We have been trying our best to get to know the youth a little better and so we
went to this awesome service project with the youth this week! 
We all went to a place called Harvesters and we helped pack little snack bags for children in need. 
It was pretty fun work and we got to talk to the youth and help them see what missionaries are like!

This week we also had Zone Conference, were Elder Merrill and I trained on 
the importance of living the Doctrine of Christ as missionaries.
It went really well and we tried our best to have a good discussion about it with the elders and sisters. I always love having the opportunity to train or lead discussions
because I learn so much from the studying beforehand and the comments made during. 

I am so grateful for all the missionaries that are around me that lead by such great examples. 
And I am especially grateful for President Vest
and all the hard work and diligence he puts into the mission and each individual missionary. 
I hope I can be a fraction of who he is in his example of Christ.

Saturday was a sweet day. I was on exchanges with Elder Conley and he is a great missionary. 
We met this really neat guy, we were just getting done with service and we were heading back to our car and there was a man walking near our car so we went and talked to him. 
He is an older man who had recently lost his wife and was having a hard time coping. 
He said he had gone to the temple open house and that he and his wife, every day for 2 years, 
had gone and parked in front of the temple and would pray.
We taught him a little about the Plan of Salvation and invited him to join us for church.
I know we talked to him for a reason that day
and I'm excited to see what Heavenly Father has in store for him.

Also on Saturday we met a ton of other people that were willing to talk to us. 
It was great to be able to teach a few new people, and after a long day of service and proselyting, 
we had dinner with the McCalls! 
They are a super cool family and they have a ferret that is like a dog. 
He just roams the house and crawls all over you haha. 
He is super funny and surprisingly he doesn't smell that bad!

This week was pretty great! It was Elder Merrill's birthday on Friday 
and President Vest had the whole Zone sing to him at Zone Conference. It was great!

I hope he was able to have a wonderful birthday!

Happy Birthday Elder Merrill

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter week remembering our Savior's
sacrifice and resurrection.
Here is a scripture that I really enjoyed:

D&C 110:4,5
4. I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father.
5. Behold, your sins are forgiven you; you are clean before me; therefore, lift up your heads and rejoice.

Always remember what Christ did for you and allow him to lift you up.

Thank you for all of your support.
I really appreciate everything you all have done for me.
I hope you have a wonderful week and enjoy the spring time
as it keeps getting warmer!  :D

with Love, Elder Odland


Share the #PrinceOfPeace video with everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment