Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Never Forget the Enabler...The One and Only Perfect Man to Walk the Earth, Jesus Christ.

 P-day FUN!



Elder Anderson and I were having a conversation this week about deep doctrine. 
The topic isn't my favorite and I've seen it confuse so many people. 
The gospel is so simple and it needs to be understood in its simplicity before 
we go any deeper into the gospel. 
And IDK about you, but I'm still growing to understand some of the simple truths
 of the gospel/doctrine of Christ. 
The Doctrine of Christ is what will get us back to our Heavenly Father 
and not random deep facts/thoughts about unimportant topics within scripture. 

The Lord will enlighten us when it's time.


A scripture I read the other day that I enjoyed, 
"I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, 
for he hath redeemed my soul from hell" (2 Nephi 33:6). 

Never forget the enabler, the one and only perfect man to walk on this earth, Jesus Christ.
 


This week we met this guy that has had such a crazy past ranging from drug addiction, killing someone in self-defense, and basically every bad thing you can think of. 
We met him while walking down his street and he was checking his mail. 
He told us his story and how he came back to Christianity. He even read the Book of Mormon in prison. He has a sincere desire to continue changing for the better and 
growing closer to our Heavenly Father. 
Sometimes it's hard for us not to judge someone because of their past. 
But every person is entitled to an opportunity to accept and act upon the restored gospel. 
That is what our Heavenly Father desires, therefore we must do everything we can to align our will with His.

I hope you all have a wonderful week! 
Keep loving life and letting the gospel sink deep within you!:)

With Love ⁃ Elder Odland






No comments:

Post a Comment