Monday, February 20, 2017

The Mission is Full of Things So Very Valuable in Life!

Elder Odland with Melissa's Uncle

This week was pretty great! I love it here in Liberty. The members in my new ward are awesome!
Most of them are Medical students, so they are pretty busy, but they are very missionary minded! That makes our job a lot easier haha.

This week we had a sweet experience down at the Independence Visitor Center! Well actually had two experiences! The first one; we took Mr. and Mrs. Moss through the presentation of "God's Plan". It went super well! 
I love how that presentation focuses on the importance of families and how they can be together for eternity. 
Mrs. Moss said she would do anything to have that in her life. 
They both really felt the Spirit and she said she would like to be baptized!
Elders Anderson and Odland with the Moss'

The second experience we had was somewhat similar, but we went down to the Visitors Center in Independence with Melissa. She is a niece of a member in our ward. We took her through "God's Plan" as well, and she too wants to be baptized. But her mom right now isn't feeling it. She is catholic and is pretty solid in her church. So we will have to continue to work with them. Melissa comes to church with her uncle a lot and she loves it. 
So in time I think her mom will let her join:).

Also this week we had a nice Valentine's Day dinner! 
I took my date out to dinner... haha yeah that didn't happen.  :-D
 But! We did go to these sweet members home! Their name is the Edwards and they are a recently married couple that is super nice! 
We had a blast talking about funny/weird mission experiences as we ate yummy homemade pizza. It was a lot of fun! And sister Edwards also made some delicious chocolate cake! So it was a great
Valentines day and I'm glad that they were willing to spend it with us!:)

I wish I could tell you about all the people we were able to talk with this week but I'd have to make it into a novel! haha. 
The mission is definitely full of things so valuable in life. 
And being transferred to the North Kansas City ward has made me realize that this could be my last area, and I want to make the best of the time I have left. I know I still have plenty of time to do some sweet stuff, 
but time is so very valuable. 
I hope I am able to continue to use it to the best of my ability!:)

I hope you are all having a sweet beginning to your week! And keep on
keeping on! I'll talk to you all again soon!

With Love,
Elder Odland

No comments:

Post a Comment