Wednesday, October 19, 2016

There is some cool stuff happening in Olathe and I AM LOVING IT! :-D

  
This week we had some sweet stuff happen! Soooo we had transfers this week... and I'm staying in Olathe for my 4th transfer!! :D.  I am SO happy that I am staying! We have got some awesome things in the works right now and I LOVE it here :).
So by the end of this transfer I will have been in Olathe for 6 months! The time feels like its flying by. I'm super happy Elder Blake and I are staying together for another though, we get along really well and have a fun time together!
And I will be able to have my birthday with him! :-)

This last transfer, one of the areas near us had both missionaries replaced and two sign language missionaries came in and one of them is deaf. It is super cool to see them sign to each other and I'll probably be able to learn some sign language this transfer because of them. :D. Also the one that isn't deaf is our district leader so we will go on exchanges with him. That means one of us will be with the deaf elder... 
I'm not exactly sure how we will
do that but we will make it work. It will be a fun experience.

Friday we felt like we should go visit Tammy!
When we went there she started telling us about how her doctor, who is a member, was talking with her and telling her a lot about the church. Especially about baptism and then he said, "I'm going to send you something later today that I think you will really enjoy." And he sent her a talk from the Women's Broadcast called "Forth Floor Last Door". Tammy didn't know what it meant so she looked it up on the internet and it took her to LDS.Org and she said at that very moment she received an answer to her prayers that this is the true church of Jesus Christ and that this is the church she needs to be with. She was so happy about it and glad that she received that answer. And she told us, "I want to be a member of the church, and I'm going to become one." So I asked her if she would like to get baptized after her surgery, which will be sometime this month, and she said yes. Then I asked if she would like to be baptized on the 12th of Nov. and she replied, "Yes! Yes! 5 times yes!!" :D
She was super happy and so was I!

She also said that when we gave her a blessing a few weeks ago, just on a random stop by, that she had prayed that day to receive strength. And now she has piecing all of these events together and she knows that Heavenly Father wants her here. Now it is only a matter of time and hoping that her back surgery goes well, and then she will be able to take the next step:). 
#FavPartOfMissionaryWork

Later that day we had a few lessons in Spanish that went pretty well!
I hope my Spanish is getting better. haha It's hard to tell just judging myself, but I am able to communicate so I'm happy with that.  :-)

While at transfers this week, we got stranded up in Independence for a few hours so we decided to take a tour of the Community of Christ "temple". It kind of felt like a museum. But Elder Blake and I had just a weird feeling the whole time we were in there. We both felt as though we couldn’t breathe. After we were done with the tour we felt really awful, so we went to our visitor's center and enjoyed the Spirit that is there.
What an amazing difference. I love the feeling of the Spirit of God.
The Spirit again witnessed to us that we are truly doing the Lord’s work and that 
this IS the True Gospel of Jesus Christ.

There is some cool stuff happening here in Olathe and I am loving it!! :D

Love,
Your Elder Odland





No comments:

Post a Comment