Friday, August 19, 2016

As a husband & wife get closer to God, they become closer to each other


Wednesday we had a great Zone Conference!
I taught about Miracles.
My training went well and I think people enjoyed it :).
I also spoke about changing our "reason for", or in other words...Our "explanation" for why things happen.... and to focus them on Heavenly Father and try to recognize
His hand in our lives.

Who would have ever guessed back when I was in high school when I was giving those little presentations in front of the class that, just a few years later,
I would be training 80 missionaries!
I was so shy back then it's crazy for me to even think about. I'm thankful the Lord has helped me overcome my shyness and that I am becoming more comfortable talking in front of large groups. It's also much easier to talk about something that I am emotionally invested  in compared to my school projects, where I wasn't very emotionally invested... ...other than getting a good grade  ;-p.
But I was definitely happy for the opportunity to train at Zone Conference and I learned so much through my study and preparation!

Then on Thursday we had a great lesson with Logan's mom and step Dad.
They are struggling and want to grow closer together and closer to Heavenly Father.
We shared the "Daily Bread Mormon message" with them.
Check it out...

And we had a discussion about the importance of studying daily and praying daily.

From a talk he heard, Elder Hinrichsen shared how the Gospel is all about developing relationships. ....whether they are with each other, Christ or Heavenly Father.
 He showed a diagram and taught a
principle that was very inspiring.
The diagram illustrated 3 people in the shape of a triangle.
The two people on the bottom are a husband and wife
and the person at the top is God.
And... as the husband and wife get closer to God, they become closer to each other.
And it is SO true!
Relationships are always better when the people in the relationship are closer to God.
I'm glad I was able to learn this powerful principle :).

GOD
/\
/      \
/            \
/                  \
/                       \
Husband  -----------  Wife  


Sunday was a good day! After church and went over to the Romans for dinner.

We made steak, mashed potatoes, corn and jello! It was really good!!


Then later that night we had a lesson with a new investigator named William! He is really nice and had talked to some Mormons in the past and is curious about the things we believe. So we will be going back there next Sunday to visit with him!

I hope you guys have a wonderful week!

With Love,  Elder Odland

No comments:

Post a Comment