Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Sacred Opportunity of giving Baptismal Interviews


I am currently the only Spanish Speaking District Leader in the
Independence/Kansas City area so I have the awesome privilege of giving baptismal interviews to all of the Spanish people in this area.
I am truly thankful for this amazing experience.

This past week I had the sacred opportunity of giving baptismal interviews to
a family of 5!
I love the Spanish people. They are so very nice!
It was so awesome to see this whole family ready for baptism!

I'm so very excited for them. :D


Our teaching this week went well as we enjoyed meeting with Terri, along with a member named Logan. It had been three weeks since she has been able to meet up with us again but she said she has been enjoying listening to the Book of Mormon on her phone. Together we read 3rd Nephi Chapter 11 and introduced the part when Jesus Christ appeared to the people in the Americas. She thrilled in hearing of this experience for those people and loves learning about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I look forward to meeting with her again next week!

We also had another great lesson with Mac this week! He is progressing really well and he feeds us awesome food after our lessons.  :-D
Next week after our lesson they are going to make us some Samoan food!
It is going to be soooo good!   :-d

I also had two exchanges this week, one with Elder Leishman and one with Elder Christensen. With Elder Leishman we went with our ward mission leader, Brother Robertson, visiting several families. Then we had dinner at his house. Our ward mission leader has 12 children! They had the biggest dining table I've ever seen!  :-D  It was amazing how well behaved all the children were and we had a very nice time there. I'm so thankful for all the sweet people who offer to feed us. It is humbling to experience their kindness and generosity.
It fills my heart and my stomach!!  HaHa

I also enjoyed the exchange with Elder Christensen where I went up to his area and we had some great lessons! We taught a new member lesson to an older woman who had recently been baptized and is super excited to go to the temple after her year mark.
I am happy that she understands the importance of the temple
and is making it a priority to go! :)

So for P-day we went up to the Independence Stake Center and one
of the bishops makes what he calls...."Escape Rooms".
They are rooms where you are locked in and there are a bunch of
clues and puzzles you have to solve in order to open the door. The bishop made a
bunch of these rooms all over the building and filled them with various church themed
clues and puzzles. It was such fun solving these clues and puzzles
in order to break out of the rooms.  :-D


With Love, Elder Odland

No comments:

Post a Comment