Wednesday, April 6, 2016

I Love Serving the Lord - I Love This Work

A few weeks ago we had an All Mission Conference with
Elder Gary E. Stevenson, Elder Anderson and Elder Deshler.
It was SUPER amazing!! And they let us ALL shake their hands!
So I got to shake the hands of two Seventies and of an Apostle!
It was a sweet and humbling experience and they
gave some awesome talks that I enjoyed very much!
It was funny, Elder Stevenson talked about how he is being taught by the other Apostles. He also told a story about how Elder Nelson took him skiing.....and Elder Nelson is like 90 years old! Isn't that crazy! 
They definitely have the power of God in them :D 
All kidding aside...the Spirit of God is strong with the Apostles.
It was just an awesome conference and something I will never forget! :)


Then on Sunday we had the opportunity to teach a primary class about missionary work and we gave them all pass along cards.  :)   They were all excited about giving them to their friends! One kid said excitedly, "I'm going to give this to my friend when I go to the bus stop!!" It was cool to see these 7+ 8 year old kids excited about sharing the gospel!
It's awesome!
  
So the District Leader work is going well!
I had my first district meeting last month. Before the meeting started the missionaries were a little rowdy and just kinda goofing off a bit. Next time I'm going to ask them to start reading their scriptures 15 min before the meeting starts and hopefully find an elder that can play the piano well enough to add a little music to help set the correct mood.   haha.
Then just about 5 min before I was about to start the meeting the door to the room opens and the APs (Assistants to the President) walk in. I thought to myself, Oh no, more pressure!!  :-p
 But it wasn't bad at all. The APs are pretty cool and participated well, 
making my job easier.
I had one other missionary train about finding new people to teach, and then I trained on Improving our Proselyting skills through studying and 
Always having a Purpose.
I focused most on "Always having a Purpose" and tried to help them understand what their purpose should be when going to someone's house. We had good participation and it was a great meeting:) Afterwards the APs said that they really liked it and that I'm doing a good job,
so hopefully I can keep that up :D
I don't really get nervous for these types of things anymore, which I am super happy about  :)
After district meeting I conducted an exchange with the elders in Harrisonville.
We swapped companions for a day and I went up to their area. I really enjoy exchanges now! I love the opportunity to get to know the elders in my district and to see how their area is doing. 
I enjoy all the things I learn from them as well, so it's super good:)

I love this work. I love serving the Lord.
Love, Elder Odland


No comments:

Post a Comment