Monday, February 29, 2016

A LETTER HOME




This week we had a great lesson with Haye Wana. 
I have been teaching him since October and we are almost done 
with all of the lessons. 
He came to church last week and then he came to church yesterday and he said he really enjoyed it!
He said, usually when he goes to different churches he feels scared & nervous, 
but when he came to ours he felt great and comfortable!
I was so happy to hear that!
He also had gone onto Mormon.org and said he just felt 
so happy for no specific reason!
It was the Spirit he was feeling, that's the reason.  :D    
I felt so happy for him.
I love being a missionary and finding so much delight 
in other people being happy.
It's awesome!   :-D


This week we also went up to the retirement home again and sang.
I truly love going there to sing, I'm not the best singer but
the joy that I see in all of those peoples faces is amazing.  :)
I felt the Spirit so strong as we were singing and the people who were watching
kept saying, "The holy spirit is in the room very strongly!"
The last song we sang that day was the EFY Medley.
I especially loved that song and it was a perfect song to end on.
I always feel so happy when I go
to the retirement home and help those people
and when I see the joy on their faces it solidifies my decision to be 
on a mission.  :)


So we had stake conference yesterday and it was awesome!
We had Bishop Dean Davies from the presiding bishopric there, 
he is on the temple site committee. 
He goes and finds sites for future temples!
He had some awesome experiences that he told us about, 
were Pres. Hinkley was prompted to choose a certain location for a temple that was very hard to buy, but in the end it all worked out
and now that temple is where the Lord wants it:)
I think that would be so cool to be able to choose sites for future temples!
Or even be a temple architect!
Conference really focused on Sabbath Day observance and how it is truly how
we will grow closer to our Heavenly Father.
They also talked a lot about the blessings of the temple and 
the peace that is felt there.
The president of the Kansas City temple was there speaking to us and 
he had such a great spirit with him. 
It was awesome!:)


It was also cool to just be in the stake center with all these Mormons.
It reminded me of our Bangor Stake conferences!
Except I wasn't nervous that President Martin would call me up 
to bear my testimony!  hahaha
 I don't think I will ever be afraid to bear my testimony again.
 Now after serving The Lord for the past six months, my testimony has grown so much and is so much more solid than it was before.
It is now easy to share it with others  :).
I am thankful for the growth I have been able to experience 
out here on my mission
and I can't wait to see what else Heavenly Father has in store for me!:)


I am doing well and I am pushing forward each day:)
I love you guys with all my heart! .....And I wish you the best of luck 
with the new house!
Make sure you put at least one or two pictures up of me!   :p    haha
 I miss you guys!
Have a wonderful week my gorgeous parents!


Love, Your Elder Odland

No comments:

Post a Comment