Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Week Two!

Hey Everyone!
Week 2 at the Mexico MTC (CCM) was awesome! I'm getting used to the schedule and every day goes by so fast because I am either studying or in a class all day long. I am learning so much and the people here amaze me every day. The locals that work around the CCM are the nicest people and they are such hard workers. 

The Spanish I am learning is getting more complicated and I am learning so much. Heavenly father is always there when I need help. 

I think this Friday we will be able to go to the open house of the Mexico City Temple, which will be an awesome experience!! I am so excited for it! And then on the 26th Elder Christopherson will be coming to the CCM! That will be amazing! 

I am so happy to be here at the CCM. It may be one of the most difficult things I have ever done, but I have already grown so much, mentally and spiritually. And I have met some of the nicest people that work as hard as they can to prepare all of the missionaries here. I am truly thankful for all of my teachers and leaders that I can look up to and get help from. 
I am so glad that I decided to go on a mission. I cant wait to share the gospel with the people in Missouri! I want to share the happiness I have felt with as many people as I can!

Thank you for all the support and am thankful for everyone that will join me on this journey! 

Me gustaria compartir mi testimonio. Yo se que la iglasia es verdadero y Jose smith fue un profeta de dios. Yo se que nuestro Padre Celestial nos quiere a todas y el Libro de Mormon es la palabra de Dios. Yo se que Jesus vive y nos escucha y Dios contesta nuestras oraciones. Yo se que si oramos, estudiamos, y cumplimos con los mandamientos, sabremos la verdad. Testifico de estas cosas en el nobre de Jesucristo. Amen.

(I'd like to share my testimony. I know that the church is true and Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. I know that Heavenly Father loves all of us and the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that Jesus lives and listens to us and God answers prayers. I know that if we pray, study, and obey the commandments we will know the truth. I testify of these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen)
I found some really good scriptures this week that I would love if everyone took the time to read them.
The first is, DC  82:14  
The second is: DC 43:15,16 it is a good scripture about missionary work.
The third is: Corinthians 2:1-5  This one is awesome, it talks about how we may not speak the language amazingly but our heart is in the right spot and the spirit will be with us. The spirit converts, how good our speech is doesn't convert. It can help, but it is not the main part, our faith has to be in the power of God. 
The last one is Alma 7:23-24 This scripture explains how we should act and how we should live our lives. 


With much Love! -Elder Odland 
P-Day Clothes-Elder Hales and Elder Odland

No comments:

Post a Comment