Tuesday, November 8, 2016

This Life is about So Much More than just Living; We are Preparing to Meet God!


There is so much more depth and importance to the gospel 
that I have never realized before. 
I’m grateful for the knowledge that I am gaining while on my mission 
and I hope never to forget any of it.
This life is about so much more than just living;
we are preparing to meet God.

And we have been told exactly what we need to do, but so many times we get distracted and forget the things we have learned and felt.

"For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he:... (Proverbs 23:7)"

Keep the eternal importance of our lives in our heart
and we will remember and achieve it.
The Gospel is TRUE and it’s here in its fullness.
 Let us all work and use it to Our fullness:)


Hey Mom and Pops!
Glad you like long emails haha, because sometimes they just happen to be really long, depending on what happens during the week, 
and I love sharing everything with you guys!

It will also be cool to look back on all this stuff after my mission:).
I hear some missionaries at p-day sports say things like,
"Uh man, I still need to email my family!" 
Then they email them just a short message with a picture or two.
I enjoy emailing my Family :D. 
It sometimes takes a while to write the emails, but its all worth it:).
I definitely know that I am loved, and I love it!:D 
You ALL are the best!! 
I love you ALL SO much.

I’m glad that you are looking out for missionary opportunities! And all we truly need to do is just be listening to the spirit. Because he will prompt us when we are to talk with someone about the gospel or do something for someone. And we just have the obligation to follow those promptings, therefore becoming more sanctified, and then we will be able to receive more promptings!
Keep being an awesome example Mom and Pappa!
It doesn't go unnoticed:)

It was sweet to get my teeth cleaned that Sister Lyons arranged for us! 
And Sister Lyons, aka Mama Lyons, 
is a member that always does stuff with the missionaries! 
She comes and plays volleyball with us every P-Day and she is a ward missionary. Missionaries used to live with her and her husband in the past but they don’t have any living with them currently. And they always have us over for dinner. They are super nice and sweet people. 
You'll meet them one day:).

Our week was busy and great!
Monday, we had a fun Halloween! We carved pumpkins and then we planned for the week that evening because they didn't want us out 
walking around with all the other trick-r-treaters :D.

Tuesday, we had stake reports like usual and then 
did some service in the evening.

Wednesday, we had MLC (Mission Leadership Council) and it was awesome! There were some great trainings given about, Following the Spirit, The Vision of Missionary work, and The Book of Mormon. That took up most of the day, then we had some yummy Thai food at Brother Sanner's house. 
Then we tried to meet a few new people after dinner.

Thursday, we met with President Boyack as usual, and we were able to go over our stake reports and make some plans for the zone. 
President Boyack taught us some awesome stuff about the Gospel! 
Every time we go over there for our meeting about missionary work we end up being taught sweet stuff about the Gospel! 
It’s so amazing!!    I love it. :) 
He has been teaching us a lot about Zion and how/when it will be established. 
It is some pretty remarkable stuff! :) 
I could listen to him all day.

We had a great lesson with Tammy and Her mom, Claudia that evening. 
They were curious about temples and how the church is organized. 
We were able to answer most of their questions and they thought it was fascinating. They both were able to pick a baptismal date in January. 
They are so ready for baptism but Tammy will be going into surgery soon and she will have to wait until afterwards, and her mom wants to be baptized with her. So, when January comes I'll have to come back to Olathe and see them be baptized:) I’m really looking forward to that.

Friday, we had Zone Training!! It went really well! 
I trained about our Vision as Missionaries and Revelation through the Book of Mormon. Elder Blake and the sisters did awesome on their trainings as well! 
And we got some zone pictures again that I’ll be sending:). 
After zone training we went on exchanges with the Assistants to the President and a funny thing happened. I was to pare up with Elder Beyeler in their area for the day....but while we were at my apartment to get my stuff Elder Beyeler was unaware that his phone slipped out of his pocket when he was sitting on the couch. We then drove up to his area, which is about 45 minutes away, and when we get there he realizes he doesn’t have his phone... So, we go to the mission office to use their phone and try to call Elder Blake who is still in Olathe, but there was no answer. The thought of having to drive all the way back to Olathe was disheartening since we knew it would hamper our ability to do any significant work but we had no choice therefore we needed to head back to Olathe right then.... So, we hopped back in the car and drove 45 minutes back to Olathe and his phone was right on the couch where we thought it was going to be... we then drove back to Elder Beyelers area. :D 
Consequently we spent a lot of that exchange in the car just talking. 
Which was actually great, 
because we were able to get to know each other a lot better! 
But we had a good exchange and got to teach a few new families:).

Saturday morning we began our day early to get ready to go to the Temple! :D
We began with an Endowment session and there was so much more that stood out to me this time. President Boyack has taught us so much about the Endowment and what it teaches us.
I can’t wait to tell you all that I have learned! 
It’s really awesome and eye opening:). 
Elder Bagley and I were able to complete the Endowments for our ancestors that you sent me Mom….Emil and Arthur Braatz…so that was great. 
Then after the Endowment Session we went to the Sealing of the Andrade Family! It was so awesome to see them be sealed as a Family for Eternity 
and they were just so happy!

One day I will be at that alter…
 but I’ve got a little time to wait so I can’t get too ahead of myself :D
 But being on a mission definitely makes you Marriage trunky... now I understand why RMs (Returned Missionaries) go home and get married so fast!! :D
 It was truly a special day. 
I got some awesome pictures and I’m going to get some more from the Andrade’s soon! It was so sweet, one of the little girls, named Emma brought the birthday card Elder Bagley and I gave her over a year ago! It had been opened and closed so many times that she had it all taped back together. She was so happy to show me it again and see me and Elder Bagley. They are definitely a special and sweet family and I am so happy that I had the opportunity to meet them and build the bond I have with them. :D.
I wouldn't trade it for anything! :)
I hope you have had a wonderful week Mom and Pappa!
 I can’t wait to see the pictures that you are mailing!
I definitely had a GREAT week and I’m excited to see what lies ahead for me.

I love and miss you guys SO much! Stay well and enjoy every day:)

Love, Your Elder Odland

Andrade Family Temple Sealing



No comments:

Post a Comment