Wednesday, December 16, 2015

"A Savior Is Born"


Hello everyone!

We had transfers last week and I am staying in Kaw River with Elder Bagley! 

I am excited to stay for a 3rd transfer and celebrate Christmas with him and 
the good people of this area. 
It should be fun!

This week has been great. 

We visited with a lot of people and shared the video: 
"A Savior Is Born"
It is a great video where kids explain what Christmas is really all about. 
I invite all of you to watch this video if you haven't yet! 
You can find it on LDS.org  or click the link below

https://www.mormon.org/christmas?cid=HP_SU_11-29-2015_dMIS_fSPC_xLIDyL1-A_

This week we met this lady who has a daughter in Nevada.
The daughter had given us her mom's contact information
and we went to see her.
She speaks only Spanish and she told us that she is very sick and
unable to talk much at this time. We felt impressed to ask what was ailing her.
She told us she has cancer. She asked us to come back another
day when she is feeling a little better.
When we returned we brought a native Spanish speaking member
with us. We knocked on her door and she gladly invited us in.
We explained a little about the church and the priesthood authority we hold
and how we can give blessings to people who are ill.
She was excited about the idea and wanted a blessing of healing.
We anointed her with oil and then gave her a blessing.
She was so grateful and said she will finally be able to sleep peacefully tonight.
I am so very grateful for the priesthood and all that we can do through it.
It is truly powerful and it can bring so much peace to people's lives.
I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to help people by using the priesthood which I hold. What an honor it is to me to hold the priesthood office of Elder and to be able to exercise my priesthood to bless others.
We will be meeting with her again this week and I will update you on how
she is doing.

We had a big service project Monday.
This project was called the Red Bag Project. It is where organizations donate toys and we put them in big red bags and give them to kids
that are in foster homes.
It was such a great experience to see all of the cool stuff that
these kids will be getting for Christmas.
They will be so happy to receive them. And I am so glad and humbled
to be able to play a small part in the Christmas for those children.




We also had our ward Christmas party! 
I tried out for the part of Santa and I was so close to getting it, but we found someone that fit the part a little better.  haha  :D

I was just a little too skinny!!


We also made ginger bread houses for a Family Home Evening activity with the

Andrade Family!

That's my gumdrop snowman... kind of melted a bit...:p


I hope you all have a wonderful week and have a wonderful Christmas

season! Enjoy your families and enjoy what is possible because of our

Savior Jesus Christ!


¡Hasta próxima semana! 


Love, Elder Odland!




No comments:

Post a Comment